Love Her Style: Jane Birkin

I thrifted two wicker baskets a while back that I think will function well as purses in the Spring. They are small, but not too small,  and they're sturdy. I have a bit of a collection of wicker baskets I'll have to post sometime. I love their rustic look. I use them as storage for socks and intimates, school papers, crafts, etc and they really give my room a "lived in" and eclectic feel which I like.

But then I got to thinking about what initially sparked my interest in wicker baskets and it hit me: Jane Birkin. A French model/actress/singer/icon, she's effortlessly beautiful and one of my favorite style muses. I saw a photo of her years ago with this large wicker picnic basket as a purse on one arm and her husband on the other and fell in love. She dressed simply, but never looked plain, a balance I am continually trying to master.

Here are some of my favorite looks:







 
What do you think of her style? Would you ever feel confident carrying a wicker basket as a purse?

No comments